- Susan Boyle showed us spunkiness comes in all forms. It’s everybody else that freaked out because they were confronted by a talent that doesn’t conform to expectations of youth and a cookie cutter image.
- Ashton Kutcher channeled his inner child to punk CNN and Twitter. The 20,ooo malaria nets he bought is supposed to make it okay. It’s not!
- Oprah joined Twitter and the world continued. A few Twitter users argued about who came up with the hashtag #herebeforeoprah first. Whatever!!
- Teabaggers were exposed for the wingnut racists they are, but you know power concedes nothing without a fight and gnashing of teeth.
- Attention turned to a young child who was bullied and accused of being gay. He committed suicide at the age of 11 and the people who caused him harm may very well have learned NOTHING from this.
- The Oprah show got rather explicit about sexual education when advice was given to two 14 year olds that want to have sex with each other. The conversation was difficult, probing and very necessary. There was also a great show on giving advice to families about protecting their kids from predators. You can help get funding for the Adam Walsh Child Protection & Safety Act passed.
- The Somali pirates that captured the American vessel were either detained or killed. That still hasn’t stopped them from hijacking other ships.
- The Obamas got a dog and I wondered if the president was a narcissist? The dog’s name is BO which are his initials by the way. I know that the girls named the dog…but still.
- Oh yeah…on a serious note the Torture Memo was released and it’s not pretty. No prosecution is coming for those that carried out illegal torture and unlawful detainment. Perhaps next time the US will take security threats more seriously before they occur.
- The case of Roxana Saberi shows how yet another journalist can get railroaded by a government. I smell political shenanigans, but I also think it was incredibly risky for an American female of Iranian decent to go to Iran and not have someone want to make an ‘example’ out of her.
- Finally.. you can kick up the support for clemency for Troy Davis by signing another petition to Georgia’ Governor.
2 comments to Weekly Wrap-Up