The first night after she surrendered her house to foreclosure, Sheri West endured the darkness in her Hyundai sedan…The second night, she stayed with a friend, and so it continued for more than a year: Ms. West — mother of three grown children, grandmother to six and great-grandmother to one — passed months on the couches of friends and relatives, and in the front seat of her car…But this fall, she exhausted all options. She had once owned and overseen a group home for homeless people. Now, she succumbed to that status herself, checking in to a shelter.
“So, if that’s the case they say my son raped somebody, how is that when, I got raped when I was little I told him about it and he was going crazy. They said I couldn’t have no kids I thank God I had 13 kids…
“They’re trying to give these kids, 50 to life, for something they probably ain’t gonna live to do.“They should put them in a community education where they can learn that. You know like a program or something. Locking these kids up ain’t gonna solve nothing. You know.”
- What is the black community and what are its problems?
- What is being done to address them from a policy or legislative perspective and what of the choices of individuals?
- Abandoning a woman and the child you’ve created is a sign of contempt.
- Denying your child and not providing (well) for him/her because you don’t like the mother. (The Kelis/Nas divorce will show this. Will she now become a “chickenhead” to justify the deplorable behavior of the black male rap artist “God”?)
- Killing the child from another woman’s previous relationship.
- Promoting lighter skin as your preference is skin shade racism. Black on black racism. Whatever you don’t prefer you place little value in.
- These numerous (educated, non criminal) men who ecstatically dissect the body Serena Williams in the most condescending manner imaginable, write articles referring to Michelle Obama as a “ghetto girl” and other public attacks on black women.
- These men that complain about black women for every little thing we do or don’t do.
- These men that refer to us as Pedestal Pattys for daring to go on a date w/o offering sex afterwards. The entire purpose of dating is to find out if you are compatible for marriage. At least that’s what the purpose of dating is supposed to be. It’s not how little money you can spend before suggesting we do the mattress mambo or claiming to be “nice”.
- Not being able to walk down the street without some guy trying to “holla” at you. It is in fact worse. Women have been shot and killed over not handing over a phone number or agreeing to go out with these DBRs. It is street harassment, & physical intimidation.
- The 50% rape and molestation rate for black girls living in the “black community”.
- The complete SILENCE from the”good” men who see all of this happening and DO NOTHING to stop it. With the public Letterman smack-down over the Palin “joke” we see how white men DO step in when necessary to police the men in their group.
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
How many times can I type this? Can I PLEASE be able to go back to writing posts about Obama’s trip to Africa or the latest antics of Rush Limbaugh? Lord, talking about that spiteful drug-addict would be a relief right now. Oh no. Foolish, indoctrinated, no common sense-having black people take precedence right now. Sorry I am black but I won’t claim them. It’s not that I think I’m better it’s that I see this as a problem…and they don’t. People who are NOT like-minded enough have CAN HAVE NO REAL TIES. Their purpose will lie in getting their point of view across above working together. Everyone cannot and should not think alike, but there has to be a core standard that is understood.
A fundamental fact of Negro American family life is the often reversed roles of husband and wife.
Dorothy Height: “If the Negro woman has a major underlying concern, it is the status of the Negro man and his position in the community and his need for feeling himself an important person, free and able to make his contribution in the whole society in order that he may strengthen his home.
Negro children without fathers flounder — and fail. Moynihan Report
Watch the tape:
Sure not all the black men are thugs. But the wealthy and upper middle class blacks go for white women. So what are black women left with? Just a small number of middle class blacks who aren’t wealthy enough to get a white woman and also aren’t felons. That explains why 70% of them (wisely) choose to stay single. Stay Single, Sista! post.
I also cited the fact that there isn’t a single famous black man who’s married to a woman who looks typically African. Either their wives and girlfriends are white or they call themselves black (for affirmative action) ha but in reality clearly look like they have more white genes than black. Actually Denzel & Samuel are, but they’re old school. We also don’t know the quality of their marriages, but you get the point!If they can’t marry a white woman for some reason (can’t get her, or can’t marry a white woman because it would harm their career, as is the case with Obama) ha, then they marry a black woman who has a lot of white blood, lighter skin and at least somewhat European features.
The law of supply and demand dictates than when supply drops and demand remains stable, the price of the commodity increases…it’s nice to have the option so that there are enough women for all the men and avoid a disequilibrium that results in one side being much more “valuable” than the other.Black women are faced with that very disequilibrium. There’s much more demand for black men than there’s supply, and black men know it. Anyone who knows the law of supply and demand realizes that it means that black men can abuse black women. This abuse need not necessarily be in the form of beatings – it could be abandoning the mother of your child, sleeping with women for whom you are unwilling to do anything and from whom you will steal.Black women are facing a penis shortage, for a lack of better term. They can’t “trap their man” and force him to “buy the cow” because they know that another woman will be willing to take him just for the sex, or just to have a child with someone.Black men, thus, need not be fathers, husbands or even boyfriends. This naturally upsets women who want a husband and a father for their children. Only if the woman is exclusively focused on being with a black male.
I was about to write this post from a completely different perspective but thank goodness for stream of conscious writing. First, I’d like to thank my naiveté. I think this is the first time I actually understand what Neo felt like after he was freed from the Matrix. Although I’ve been reading about the behavior of these DBR (damaged beyond repair) AA males I noted it from afar. Sure I have some male relatives I would say have some of those tendencies but for the most part they’re a good lot.
Yet, I’ve also observed the mating patterns of many of my female relatives and have seen how it’s they who have chosen varying degrees of mediocrity. That would be collectively with particular quality choices made by a few individuals. I think that is representative of the black collective as well. The majority are on a major crash and burn voyage while a few wiser individuals are on the periphery. Some are preparing and others are rolling in the mud trying to get as much on as possible. Well…that’s my observation and I’m still processing this.
Second, I think it’s important again to make the ethnic distinctions of which majority I’m referring to and ding ding it’s African-Americans. We have to have something else that binds us than admiring the accomplishments of Michael Jackson. We have to have more than fleeting outrage over the latest public spectacle of a rap music artist – or now some swimming pool controversy at a private club in PA. People are praising Al Sharpton for his MJ Memorial speech (which wasn’t bad) yet forget (or never even know about) that he publicly supported the rapists/attempted murderers at Dunbar Village apartment complex in West Palm Beach, FL. I haven’t forgotten. He was more concerned that those DBRs (damaged beyond recognition/repair) black males would potentially be “railroaded” rather than stand with the survivors of the attack, a black woman and child.
I wonder what it will take for some people to wake up – a pound of flesh maybe? Dead body after dead body from the mass black on black crime? The 50% high school drop out rate for black teens? The out of wedlock birth rate for black women was listed at 72% by the CDC in their preliminary report for 2007. The official 2006 report had it listed at 70% but it had jumped 25% in a five year period. So even with a conservative estimate of 2.5-5% growth rate that number has to be somewhere around 76-83%. It’s pretty much over for a particular segment of society. I’m speaking in terms of quality of life and productivity. That’s going to lead to a lot of struggling, abandoned and angry women and children. Some of whom are boys and so the cycle of destruction will continue. *I modified my original 80% OOW birth rate and added in the data instead. You can do the math or dispute it to your heart’s content. It’s a TRAGEDY not to be taken lightly!
I’m not prepared to say this results solely from growing up in all-black (physical) environment. The indoctrination I’m talking about can still occur even if you weren’t physically present. Isn’t that why you’ll get immigrants who move here still practicing things that might run them afoul of cultural norms (or laws) in this country? It’s the mentality behind it and that goes beyond a residential area. You take your thoughts and attitudes with you wherever you go.
Some white feminists have complained about faerie tales like Cinderella saying they set women back and teach women to expect to be rescued. In those books the heroine is always rescued by a man. Where some see oppression I see a man understanding his role and stepping up. They see a woman in distress and they resolve the problem to her advantage! They offer to love and protect her. Also the woman has to let the man rescue her so she is accepting his help. Where’s the weakness in that?
I get the overall ramifications of why some women think being put on a pedestal is sexist and problematic. These women have not had the AA woman experience of being stripped naked and spit on in the public square for hundreds of years. Collectively these groups of non-black women will NEVER know what that’s like because their men will never allow it. If they did their group would have to be in a state of chaos and dysfunction like the AA “community”. It’s not going to happen.
The word “cinderella” has, by analogy, come to mean one whose attributes are unrecognised, or one who unexpectedly achieves recognition or success after a period of obscurity and neglect. Wikipedia
I’m thinking Cinderella is in fact a secret stealth training manual showing women how to get your “fantasy” life become your REAL life. It’s for women who are unappreciated, unloved, used like a mule for all of her resources and cast out when she will no longer play ball. This describes the state of the average AA woman to a tee, doesn’t it?
These phrases should go in the canon of lies/manipulations told to a black woman to keep her down:
- Help a brotha out
- I need a place to stay
- I’m in between jobs
- I’m hungry
- I need help
- You’re being selfish
- You have to help your family
- You think you’re too good
- You’re ugly
- Don’t go to school
- You have no credibility
- The white man keeps me down w/x,y,z that’s why I don’t x,y,z
- I want a wife who brings in some money
- You’re supposed to clean, take care of the baby & cater to me
- Why do you want to hang out with your friends?
- Are you cheating on me – then prove it by x,y,z
- If you really loved me you’d do x,y,z,
- I’m clean baby I swear, we don’t need to use a condom
- If you get pregnant I’ll be there for you
- I’m seeing somebody else but…,
- I’m a man I need to do x,y,z,
- No dark butts
- It’s not my fault I sell drugs/went to prison
- I like light skin/light skin is so pretty