Coconut Layer Cake courtesy of Martha Stewart.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans
- 2 cups sifted cake flour, not self-rising, plus more for pans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Coconut Cream Filling
- 11 ounces (about 3 3/4 cups) sweetened angel-flake coconut
- Seven-Minute Frosting
Get the complete recipe at the site.